About  |  contact  |  Search  |  RSS
Last Update: 1 Hour and 26 Minute ago
News code: 27434
Published Date: Wednesday 8 May 2019 - 14:16:23
Print 

Tehran to sue Google, Instagram for anti-Iran moves

Tehran to sue Google, Instagram for anti-Iran moves
IRAN  - Iran will file lawsuits against the measures taken by “Apple”, “Google” and “Instagram” against the country within the framework of the international law, Deputy Head of the National Center for Cyberspace Amir Khorakian said on Wednesday.


Khorakian said today that Islamic Republic of Iran follows up measures taken by "Apple", "Google" and "Instagram" against the country within the framework of international rules.

"We are pursuing independency of the country in the field of cyberspace," he reiterated.

The issue of lack of national sovereignty in the field of cyberspace has caused to witness the passivity of any type of tactic used by hostile countries against the Islamic Republic of Iran in emerging networks, he criticized.

Some experts believe that unplanned entry of the country in the cyberspace field, which is due to weak management and lack of paying attention to the sovereignty of cyberspace, has caused serious problems in this field, Khorakian added.

In the current situation, cyberspace in the country does not enjoy multilateral interchangeability, he stated.

Unilateral removal of user accounts of military officials from ‘Instagram' social network, removal of local applications from ‘Apple' and ‘Google' platforms and also limitation of users' access to some messengers and social networks are solid evidences for the said claim, Deputy National Center for Cyberspace opined.

Last week, Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said that freedom of speech is limited in the West, underlining that Westerners cunningly try to instill that they are enjoying superior liberty.

"Don't be afraid of those who say that westerners have ultimate freedom in saying the truth as well as book and that such freedom is restricted here. These are the enemy's efforts to instill such ideas in us and others," said Ayatollah Khamenei during his visit to the 32nd Tehran International Book Fair.

"The thing is that there are many restrictions there, but they cunningly show that there isn't such thing over there, however, it's all there," he added.

In mid-April, Iran's Communication and Information Technology Minister Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi lambasted the US social media platform, Instagram, for complying with the White House decision against the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps to block the accounts of the IRGC commanders.

Azari Jahromi condemned blocking Istagram accounts of Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei and commanders of the IRGC.

In a tweet, the minister cited a dialogue in "Game of Thrones" series, saying that "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

Instagram came to be the first to obey President Donald Trump's order for escalating tensions against Iran through blacklisting the IRGC and blocked accounts of top IRGC Commanders, including Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari and Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

The Instagram pages of General Jafari and General Soleimani had around 900k and 370k followers. The accounts of Chief of Staff of Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri, IRGC Ground Force Commander Mohammad Pakpour, head of Iran's State Conscription Organization Brigadier General Moussa Kamali, former head of the state-run TV IRIB Ezzatollah Zarqami who had once served as an IRGC member, former IRGC Air Force commander and Tehran Mayor Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf as well as a long list of other IRGC commanders have all been blocked.

The move was made just a day after the IRGC was formally blacklisted by the US as a "Foreign Terrorist Organization" following a relevant announcement by President Donald Trump on 8 April.

Early in April, Advisor to the Iranian Parliament Speaker Hossein Amir Abdollahian strongly castigated Instagram for removing his post on Hezbollah leader Seyed Hassan Nasrallah, describing it as an example how freedom of speech is manipulated in Western societies.

Amir Abdollahian, in a tweet, said that he had posted a photo of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Instagram but the social media platform removed it.

In a similar move on February 08, Twitter also removed a post on the Arabic account of Iran's Leader Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei where the Leader had said that chants against the US are aimed at Washington's officials like Donald Trump, John Bolton, and Mike Pompeo.

The tweet was addressed to US President Donald Trump and two other American top officials, reading "Down with USA means down with Donald Trump, John Bolton and Mike Pompeo," and not the American nation.

The tweet had tagged Donald Trump's Twitter account, as well as the other two American officials' mentioned in the tweet.

The Leader had made the remarks on the same day in a meeting with Army Air Force commanders and staff in Tehran.

 

News Code: 27434
Published Date: Wednesday 8 May 2019 - 14:16:23
No Comment,Be the first one who comments.
Comments

Name

email  

website

Comment  

Security code [*]: Please enter correct answer in security box.:

 = 9+2