About  |  contact  |  Search  |  RSS
Last Update: 13 Hour and 26 Minute ago
News code: 26700
Published Date: Sunday 30 December 2018 - 13:12:26
Print 

Continuing siege on Yemeni people a crime, official

Continuing siege on Yemeni people a crime, official
World  - President of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee of Yemen Mohammad-Ali al-Houthi termed the continuation of the siege of the Yemeni people despite the presence of the UN envoy in al-Hudaydah port as a crime.


According to the Yemeni new network 'al-Masirah', in a post in his Twitter account on Saturday, he described the handing over of al-Hudaydah port to the coast guards in the presence of the United Nation team as the most important measure taken which would deprive the occupying forces from any excuses to sabotage implementation of the peace agreement.

He regarded the implementation of the agreement on al-Hudaydah port as a success and said it demonstrated the credibility and the solidarity between political and military leaders, who have made every effort so far to make the best decisions in favor of the Yemeni nation.

He said the implementation of the peace agreement is considered a success for the port and indicates the shared views among political and military officials who have never stopped implementing decisions which are to the interest of the Yemeni people.

He stressed that the presence of the head of the UN delegation team Patrick Cammaert revealed the hollowness of the claims made by the US, Saudi Arabia and the UAE officials and their allies on Arms trafficking in Yemen.

Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces Brigadier General Yahya Saree announced on Saturday that the change in the tactical formation of the Yemeni forces was in line with the implementation of the first phase of Stockholm agreement.

He expressed hope that the agreement's supervisory committee would establish ceasefire in al-Hudaydah and kick the warring sides out of the eastern regions of this port city.

The fourth round of Yemen peace talks kicked off on December 6 with the attendance of the UN special envoy Martin Griffith and the government representatives. Participants agreed to establish truce in Yemeni ports of al-Hudaydah, al-Salif, and Ayn Issa.

Saudi Arabia and its regional allies attacked Yemen in March 2015 to bring back to power the deposed president of Yemen Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi.

Since then, the invaders have committed horrible war crimes against Yemeni civilians.

 

News Code: 26700
Published Date: Sunday 30 December 2018 - 13:12:26
No Comment,Be the first one who comments.
Comments

Name

email  

website

Comment  

Security code [*]: Please enter correct answer in security box.:

 = 5+1

Opinion
The treatment of migrants likely ‘meets the definition of a mass atrocity’
The treatment of migrants likely ‘meets the definition of a mass atrocity’
Kate Cronin-Furman,assistant professor of HR at University College London
A HR ambassador won’t convince the world that Britain cares
A HR ambassador won’t convince the world that Britain cares
David Wearing, Specialist on UK foreign policy in ME
The return of Palestinian refugees is quite possible
The return of Palestinian refugees is quite possible
Ahmed Abu Artema, Palestinian journalist and peace activist.
Gaza has made its choice: It will continue to resist
Gaza has made its choice: It will continue to resist
Haidar Eid, associate Professor at Al-Aqsa University in Gaza