About  |  contact  |  Search  |  RSS
Last Update: 4 Day and 4 Hour and 56 Minute ago
News code: 23845
Published Date: Tuesday 30 May 2017 - 14:27:29
Print 

Iranian Spokesman Warns against Humanitarian Disaster in Yemen

Iranian Spokesman Warns against Humanitarian Disaster in Yemen
IRAN  - Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi expressed deep concern over widespread famine and risk of starvation in Yemen because of Saudi Arabia’s continued onslaught on the Arabian Peninsula country.


“The Yemeni people are living in very difficult conditions and the continuation of war and bombardments as well as air and sea blockade on the country has caused a large portion of the people to face risk of famine and starvation,” Qassemi said in a statement released on Monday evening.

He further highlighted the ongoing human tragedy and the outbreak of various diseases in Yemen, calling on the international community to increase their efforts to provide humanitarian assistance for the Arab country.  

The spokesman also said Iran believes that the solution to the current situation in Yemen can be reached only through dialogue and political means and the formation of an all-inclusive government.

The remarks came as Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than two years.

Since March 25, 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

According to Yemen’s Legal Center of Rights and Development,  the Saudi campaign has so far claimed the lives of over 12,000 Yemenis and left more than 20,000 others wounded.

Tags:: Yemen
News Code: 23845
Published Date: Tuesday 30 May 2017 - 14:27:29
No Comment,Be the first one who comments.
Comments

Name

email  

website

Comment  

Security code [*]: Please enter correct answer in security box.:

 = 7-3