About  |  contact  |  Search  |  RSS
Last Update: 3 Day and 31 Minute ago
News code: 22658
Published Date: Sunday 19 April 2015 - 13:16:32
Print 

‘Foreigners never allowed into military sites’

‘Foreigners never allowed into military sites’
World  - A top Iranian commander says Iran will never permit inspection of its military sites.

“Not only will we not grant foreigners the permission to inspect our military sites, we will not even give them permission to think about such a subject,” the Fars News agency quoted Brigadier General Hossein Salami, the second-in-command of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), as saying on a live television broadcast on Saturday.

“They will not even be permitted to inspect the most normal military site in their dreams,” he added.

He added that a harsh response awaits anyone who talks about such inspections.

“Visiting a military base by a foreign inspector would mean the occupation of our land because all our defense secrets are there. Even talking about the subject means national humiliation,” he added.

Referring to the recent events in Yemen, the top Iranian commander denounced the Saudi regime’s “inane” aggression against the impoverished country, which he said exposed the pro-Israeli stance of the Al Saud family.

Salami reiterated Iran’s political support for Yemen, stating that if required, Iran will provide the war-torn country with humanitarian aid.

There have been reports in the Western media that a final deal between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries could see Tehran allow international inspectors to visit its military sites. Tehran has categorically denied the reports, describing the reports as mere rumors and wrong interpretations of the understanding reached in early April in Switzerland.

Iran and P5+1 group – comprised of Russia, China, France, Britain, the US and Germany -- reached a mutual understanding on Tehran’s nuclear program on April 2 in Switzerland. The two sides are expected to start drafting a final inclusive deal which they seek to sign by the end of June.

Saudi Arabia’s military campaign against Yemen started on March 26 -- without a United Nations mandate -- in an attempt to restore power to the country’s fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.

According to reports, over 2,600 people, including women and children, have so far lost their lives in the attacks.

Tags:: Yemen - IRGC
News Code: 22658
Published Date: Sunday 19 April 2015 - 13:16:32
No Comment,Be the first one who comments.
Comments

Name

email  

website

Comment  

Security code [*]: Please enter correct answer in security box.:

 = 7-2

Opinion
If Black Americans were to seek asylum, they would easily qualify
If Black Americans were to seek asylum, they would easily qualify
Amali Tower, the Founder and Executive Director of Climate Refugees
Sanctions in the era of pandemic
Sanctions in the era of pandemic
Phyllis Bennis, a fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington DC
India's Muslims are punished for asking to be Indian
India's Muslims are punished for asking to be Indian
Vidya Subrahmaniam, award-winning Indian journalist and political commentator.
Bahrain is holding my family hostage – and the UK is abetting them
Bahrain is holding my family hostage – and the UK is abetting them
Sayed Ahmed AlWadaei, the advocacy director of BIRD
How Israel controls Palestinian bodies, both living and dead
How Israel controls Palestinian bodies, both living and dead
Mariam Barghouti, Palestinian writer and commentator
Why has it been such a deadly year for French women?
Why has it been such a deadly year for French women?
Megan Clement, a freelance journalist based in Paris.